The EF is happy to announce the result of the Medalla knowledge problem, an information hackathon centered at the Medalla testnet ✨
The advised used to be open-ended: we requested for knowledge equipment, visualizations, and analyses of testnet knowledge; in brief, anything else that may assist the neighborhood make sense of the entire knowledge.
Over the process six weeks we won 23 submissions from all kinds of groups. We had been happy to look prime quality submissions for each and every class.
Prizes are divided into 3 tiers in line with scope, extensibility, and usability to the neighborhood.
🥇 Gold ($15k prize)
- Jim McDonald — chaind, a device for extracting knowledge from a working eth2 consumer and storing it in a PostgreSQL database. Particularly, this instrument used to be utilized by more than one different groups who submitted to the information problem.
- Pintail — a sequence of weblog posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) evaluating consumer efficiency, finding out community habits, and discussing validator effectiveness.
🥈 Silver ($5k prize)
- Sid Shekhar and Elias Simos — a wide-ranging find out about of eth2 knowledge.
- Evgeny Medvedev of Nansen — an extension of the ethereum-etl instrument to eth2, in addition to a BigQuery database sell off of eth2 knowledge.
- Nate McKervey of Splunk — a weblog submit and dashboard finding out Ethereum community well being.
🥉 Bronze ($1k prize)
Having a look ahead
The targets of this contest had been to welcome new minds into the Ethereum neighborhood, inspire them to pore over eth2 knowledge, assist you parse and analyse, and supply precious insights to each builders and the neighborhood at massive. To that finish, the contest has been a perfect good fortune, and we suspect that lots of the equipment and analyses produced shall be helpful as mainnet is going are living.
In case you are thinking about selecting up the place any of those submissions left off, please imagine making use of for a staking neighborhood grant!